All-in-One 3D Printing & Milling Machine
DMG MORI LASERTEC 65 Shape integrates additive manufacturing into a high-tech 5-axis milling machine. This innovative hybrid solution combines the flexibility of the laser metal deposition process with the precision of the cutting process and therewith allows additive manufacturing in milling quality.
The process uses the metal deposition by powder nozzle, which is up to 10-times faster than the generation in the powder bed.
Up to now additive technologies have been used to generate prototypes and small parts. By combining both, additive manufacturing via powder nozzle and the traditional cutting method in one machine, totally new applications and geometries are possible. Especially large workpieces with high stock removal volumes are now possible to be machined in an economical way. The flexible change between laser and milling operation allows the direct milling machining of sections which are not reachable anymore at the finished part.
- Complete machining in milling quality with fully automated change between milling and laser operation
- Laser deposition welding with powder nozzle: 10-times faster vs. powder-bed-process
- Large working room for workpieces up to ø 23.6 in., 15.7 in. height and max. 1,322.8 lbs.
- Accessibility and ergonomics: Doorway56.3 in., optimal accessibility from the front
- Lowest space requirement with 129.2 ft.² footprint
- Wall thickness from 0.004 to 0.2 in. possible (depending on laser and nozzle geometry)
- Feasibility of 3D-contours without backing geometry: e.g. machining of a flange, machining of a cone
- The flexible change between laser and milling operation allows the direct milling machining of sections which are not reachable anymore at the finished part
- 3D-Control Siemens 840D solutionline Operate with CELOS incl. 21,5“ ERGOline® with Multi-Touch-Panel and special LASERSOFT Additive / Subtractive Software