Card Cage Standard for Measurement and Control
GW Instruments, a manufacturer of data acquisition hardware and software, announces a new card cage standard for measurement and control; along with a suite of low-cost, high-accuracy plug-in modules. This new product family is called "instruNet i4xx" and consists of four different card cages (4, 8, 12, 16 slots), five different plug-in cards, and three different wiring boxes.
- Analog and digital I/O cards enable one to create an 8 to 256 channel measurement system.
- Cards easily plug into a 4, 8, 12 or 16 slot card cage that communicates with Windows computer via USB 2.0.
- Connect directly to Voltage, Current, Resistance, Thermocouple, Thermistor, Strain Gage, Load Cell, RTD, and Accelerometer sensors.
- Free instruNet World strip chart recorder software supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- i51x wiring boxes easily attach to i4xx series cards.
- Compatible with LabVIEW, DASYLab, C and Visual BASIC Software.
- Digitize any combination of channels at 166,000 samples per second aggregate.
- Optional anti-aliasing filter.
- Reduce noise by placing i4xx cards near sensors and up to 100 meters from noisy computer.