Compact Type 3 Safety Laser Scanners
Further enhancing safety and productivity, the latest version (1.4.2) of the OS32C configuration tool enables users to copy and paste zones and zone sets to significantly reduce programming time. Version 1.4.2 also offers record system monitoring and playback to help users troubleshoot false nuisance intrusions, as well as configuration checksum functionality to help identify any program tampering after equipment has been commissioned. It provides troubleshooting tips in the fault log, and makes available additional zone shapes.
Additional OS32C updates include an improved standby mode that minimizes the potential for optical interference with other equipment on the factory floor, as well as the ability to invert the 7-segment display in applications where the scanner needs to be mounted upside down.
The OS32C features a compact 104.5 mm profile, light 1.3 kg weight and low 5 W power consumption (3.75 W in standby mode). Combined with innovative features such as highly flexible and easily configurable detection zones, the OS32C is not only easy to handle and install, but also delivers the versatility needed to solve diverse presence detection and collision avoidance application needs. Some of the OS32C’s most significant benefits include:
- Faster and easier equipment commissioning and troubleshooting with Patented Individual Sector Indicators
- Up to 4 times faster MTTR than other safety laser scanners, with lower maintenance cost and manufacturing down time cost from equipment damage. Using the unique Memory Module, a maintenance technician can get the manufacturing line running again – without using a computer
- System monitoring over LAN via the integrated Ethernet Port
- Lowest profile equipment designs thanks to the world’s smallest footprint, which is particularly significant in material handling applications
- Lowest power consumption, which is perfect for battery powered mobile applications
“In addition to being the industry’s most compact safety laser scanner, the OS32C is also the first to provide integrated management via Ethernet. This helps keep machines up and running by allowing the user to check the operating state and analyze the cause of an emergency stop via LAN, and take quick corrective action, even in large-scale applications with multiple scanners,” says Sergio Aguilar, Product Manager. “The OS32C’s status display and eight patented Individual Sector Indicators also enable users to determine at a glance the unit’s operating state and error codes, and assess the direction of an intrusion.”
The OS32C Safety Laser Scanner features an impressive 270° detection angle that enables a single scanner to provide presence detection, including two warning zones and one safety zone, on two sides of a machine. Its small size also means that it can even be used inside a machine.
- selectable 30, 40, 50 and 70 mm resolutions
- ideal safeguarding solution
- copy and paste zones and zone sets