Belden Inc. has released new Wash-Down Cord Sets as part of its Lumberg Automation product portfolio. The new cord sets are designed to withstand extreme temperatures, immense pressure and the chemical exposure typical in high-intensity cleaning processes. They also ensure functional reliability in all harsh industrial settings, particularly for the food and beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical industries. As industrial-based businesses rely heavily on highly connected and automated systems to lower costs, increase productivity and maximize margins – the risk and costs of unplanned downtime increase dramatically. The hazardous conditions of many industrial settings, including facilities for manufacturing, oil and gas, energy, utilities, water treatment and more, put immense strain on the cord sets and cables that enable sensor-connected systems, increasing the risk of cable failure and higher maintenance costs.
Lumberg Automation’s Wash-Down Cord Sets feature gold-plated crimp contacts, high shock and vibration resistance, and IP67, IP68 and IP69K certification for ingress protection. They are also specifically designed to withstand the high-shock and vibration found in industrial environments, which helps to maintain a high productivity level of equipment.
Additionally, the cord sets feature:
- A seal of quality from ECOLAB, which indicates Lumberg Automation’s Wash-Down Cord Sets fulfill stringent requirements related to impermeability and resistance to a wide range of aggressive chemicals and cleaning agents.
- UL certification for temperatures up to +90°C and an operating temperature range of 40 to +105°C, which ensures the cord sets are suitable for the extreme temperatures of industrial applications worldwide.
- Fast and easy installation and replacement processes – especially compared to traditional hardwired systems. Technicians can replace damaged or outdated cord sets faster than with hardwired systems – often in less than 15 or 20 minutes – potentially saving tens of thousands of dollars from unplanned downtime.
- withstand extreme temperatures
- ensure functional reliability in all harsh industrial settings