Corrosion Inhibiting Additive for Diesel Fuel Systems
VpCI fuel additive for the protection of diesel fuel tanks and systems solves the problem of corrosion on carbon steel diesel fuel tanks.
VpCI®-706 is fully compatible with diesel and biodiesel fuel and tailored to work in diesel tanks and systems. The product provides superior corrosion protection for ferrous metal surfaces both in contact with the fuel and above the fuel level.
Additive does not affect engine performance and can be used in the tank during engine operation. The engine can be safely started in order to drive heavy equipment in and out of the shipping or storage compartment for easier loading and unloading. VpCI®-706 can then be left in the diesel tanks for continued corrosion protection during storage and operation of heavy equipment or trucks.
The additive offers protection at a very low dosage rate of 0.5% per volume of the tank to be protected. The presence of Cortec’s proprietary Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors means that the tank does not need to be completely filled with fuel, since protection will occur on metal surfaces both above and below the surface of the fuel.
- May be used in operation, storage, and shipment
- Fully compatible with diesel and biodiesel fuels
- Provides protection in liquid and vapor phase, and at liquid/air interface
- Does not contain trace metals, chlorides, chromates, nitrites, or phosphates
- Does not contain additives known to create precipitates and filter issues
- Can be fogged or poured directly into gas tanks