DataLynx - Remote Modem Data Collection Software
DataLynx data collection software is an inexpensive data logging and storage package for programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a PC. Any PLC or other device that supports MODBUS, along with a modem connection, works well with DataLynx. This data logging software package is an ideal solution for collecting data from remote locations or relaying data from multiple locations back to a single location to be stored.
DataLynx polls remote MODBUS-enabled devices over standard phone lines using off-the-shelf modems. The DataLynx Server runs as a service and collects and stores your data into comma or tab-delimited file formats. DataLynx can also be configured to automatically archive data files into a .zip file every month or year and delete the files as well.
DataLynx Data Logging Software Benefits
- Easy setup, no programming necessary
- No SCADA system required
- Collect data from remote locations
- Stores unlimited amounts of data
- Monitors unlimited number of PLCs or MODBUS devices
- Allows you to troubleshoot instantly
- Log important data from remote processes using a standard phone line where Ethernet connections are unavailable.
- Monitor process data in other states and cities for trending history.
- Collect process history from machines in multiple locations for preventive maintenance and historical usage.
FAQ: How do I use the DataLynx Data Logging software?
DataLynx software is easy to install and use. No additional programming by the user is necessary. Simply install the DataLynx data logging software on a PC or file server and configure the remote MODBUS-enabled device phone number and memory address.