Fluke Corporation introduces the Fluke® 28 II Ex, a rugged, intrinsically safe digital multimeter that allows measurements both inside and outside of hazardous zones without compromising measurement performance. The 28 II Ex DMM meets intrinsic safety (IS) standards worldwide for safe use inside potentially explosive environments, making it ideal for use in petroleum, chemical and pharmaceutical facilities. The Fluke 28 II Ex is:
- Intrinsically Safe: meets global IS regulations, including ATEX, IEC Ex and cETLus.
- Intrinsically rugged for use in the toughest environments: drop-proof up to three meters (9.8 feet) with a totally sealed, IP 67 rated case for complete protection against dust and water. It can withstand hazardous 8,000V spikes caused by load switching and faults on industrial circuits.
- Intrinsically accurate and reliable: provides all the test and troubleshooting power necessary for accurate measurements inside or outside potentially explosive areas. This eliminates the need to carry multiple meters for different areas, and removes the safety problems associated with crossing through an intrinsically safe-required zone with a non-IS instrument.
The 28 II Ex features a high-resolution 20,000 count display and true-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurement on non-linear signals. It measures up to 1000V and 10A ac and dc and its low pass filter ensures accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable speed motor drives. The built-in thermometer function measures temperature from -200 Celsius to 1090 Celsius (-328 Fahrenheit to 1994 Fahrenheit), reducing the number of tools that need to be carried.
- meets intrinsic safety (IS) standards
- 20,000 count display
- true-rms ac voltage and current