High-Precision 6-Axis Micropositioning System for Vacuum Applications
The M-824 Hexapod 6-Axis micropositioning and alignment system from nanopositioning specialist PI provides high resolution motion in 6 degrees of freedom. It is designed to work in a vacuum and combines multiaxis motion to 45 mm (linear) / 25 degrees (rotation) with sub-micron resolution and repeatability–ideal for alignment an precision positioning tasks.
The greatest Hexapod advantage is its compact size compared to conventional six-axis positioning systems, a fact that is especially beneficial in applications in vacuum chambers, where space is at a premium.
Typical Applications: Semiconductor technology, multi-axis alignment of optics,
X-ray microscopy, X-ray monochromators.
General Features & Advantages of Hexapods:
Compared to conventional stacked "serial" kinematics 6D micropositioning
systems the Hexpod (parallel kinematics) approach has the following advantages:
- Smaller Envelope for Easy Integration
- Higher Stiffness and Minimized Inertia for Faster Response and Alignment
- No Moving Cables (No Friction) for Increased Reliability and Repeatability
- Center of Rotation can be Changed with One Software Command
- No Accumulation of Runout Errors—Better Multi-Axis Repeatability
Features of the M-824 Hexapod:
- Design Resolution: 0.007 µm
- Vacuum Compatible to 10-6 hPa
- Compact Size: 280 mm Diameter x 190 mm Height
- 6 Degrees of Freedom
- Linear Travel Ranges : to 45 mm
- Rotary Travel Ranges: to 25 deg.
- Powerful Controller and Software for Alignment
- 10 kg Load Capacity