Inside Windows Debugging
Rethink your use of Windows debugging and tracing tools—and learn how to make them a key part of test-driven software development. Led by a member of the Windows Fundamentals Team at Microsoft, you'll apply expert debugging and tracing techniques—and sharpen your C++ and C# code analysis skills—through practical examples and common scenarios.
Learn why experienced developers use debuggers in every step of the development process, and not just when bugs appear:
- Go behind the scenes to examine how powerful Windows debuggers work.
- Catch bugs early in the development cycle with static runtime analysis tools.
- Gain practical strategies to tackle the most common code defects.
- Apply expert tricks to handle user-mode and kernel-mode debugging tasks.
- Implement postmortem techniques such as JIT and dump debugging.
- Debug the concurrency and security aspects of your software.
- Use debuggers to analyze interactions between your code and the operating system.
- Analyze software behavior with the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) framework.