Learning Web Design
Do you want to build web pages, but have no experience? This friendly guide is the perfect place to start. You'll begin at square one, learning how the Web and web pages work, and then steadily build from there. By the end of the book, you'll have the skills to create a simple site with multi-column pages that adapt for mobile devices.
Learn how to use the latest techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises to help you learn various techniques, and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.
Text teaches you how to:
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you can do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
- Create and optimize web graphics so they'll download as quickly as possible