Make Talent Your Business
Highly talented employees are the key to every organization's success. Yet despite their best intentions, for most managers growing talent while successfully doing their "day jobs" and staying on top of results seems like a pipe dream. But it doesn't have to be. This book shows how exceptional managers make this dream a reality. These managers go way beyond the usual coaching and performance management to integrate development into their everyday workflow rather than making it a separate "to do." It illustrates five powerful practices that can be used in any organization, of any size, in any industry.
- Make every day a development day
- Tap the psychological side of development
- Connect people with development partners
- Teach skills to navigate organization politics
- Shape your environment to drive development
- Put exceptional development practices into action