MASTER BOND POLYMER SYSTEM EP21LV
Master Bond Polymer System EP21LV is a two component, low viscosity epoxy resin system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulation and casting. It is formulated to cure readily at room temperature or more quickly at elevated temperatures. It has a very forgiving 1 to 1 mix ratio by weight or volume. In fact, EP21LV has the unusual characteristic of being able to adjust the properties of the cured system by altering the mix ratio. Adding more A part (e.g. 2:1 mix ratio) gives a more rigid cure (enhanced machinability) while adding more B part (e.g. 1:2 mix ratio) gives a more forgiving cure (greater impact resistance). The EP21LV produces high strength, durable bonds which hold up well to thermal cycling and resists many chemicals including water, oils, fuels, acids, bases and salts. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -65°F to +250°F. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, wood, rubbers, and many plastics. Once cured, EP21LV is an outstanding electrical insulator. This, coupled with its low viscosity, makes it an excellent encapsulating and potting epoxy. As a Class VI epoxy, EP21LV has a wide range of uses as an adhesive, sealant or coating in the medical industry. In addition, it meets FDA requirements for food compatibility. EP21LV contains no solvents or diluents. While the standard color of the cured material is amber-clear, a wide variety of additional color choices are also available.
- Convenient mixing: non critical 1:1 mix ratio by weight or volume.
- Variable mix ratio feature allows adjusting the type of cure. Adding more A (e.g. 2:1) gives a more rigid cure while adding more B (e.g. 1:2) gives a more forgiving cure.
- Easily applied; product flows evenly and smoothly without application of pressure, wets surfaces and fills volumes quickly and completely.
- Ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required.
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates.
- Superior physical strength properties.
- Good electrical insulation properties; ideal for potting and encapsulation.
- Fully meets UPS Class VI requirements for medical applications.
- Fully meets FDA requirements for food related applications.