Master Your Mac
OS X is a lot more than just a pretty face. Sure the basics are easy, but beneath that gorgeous surface lie countless powerful features. If you want to go beyond the basics, Master Your Mac will take you there. With tips on everything from organizing your workspace to strengthening your computer's security, author Matt Cone will show you how to tweak, customize, and control your Mac. The book explains how to change hidden defaults and enable undocumented features; repair disk permissions to improve performance and keep things humming along; monitor your system; and even create a bootable USB drive for emergencies.
You will also learn how to:
- Automate day-to-day tasks with AppleScript, triggers, and Automator macros
- Handle massive amounts of e-mail and media with synced accounts and spam filters
- Turn your Mac into a file or web server
- Improve your web experience by creating Safari extensions and using site-specific browsers
- Secure your Mac with firmware passwords, firewalls, and FileVault full-disk encryption