Mastering Photoshop Layers
Photoshop layers are arguably the most powerful aspect of the software's user interface and are the key two successful image editing in Photoshop. Layers allow for both global and local adjustments to images and can be used to create a number of special effects. Layers allow for non-destructive editing of your original image. Inexperienced Photoshop users often see layers as too complicated, and they miss out on the program's full potential.
This book will remove the confusion factor by providing an in-depth introduction to layers. Clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations help the reader quickly master the tools that are relevant for photographers.
You will learn about:
- Working with and building multiple layers
- Blending layers
- Using layers to enhance and retouch your images
- Creating and using layer masks
- Creating luminosity and saturation layer masks
- Using Smart Objects and Smart Filters
- Advanced layer techniques
- Timesaving shortcuts, tips, and tricks