Motion Control Brochure
Nexen Group, Inc. introduces their latest precision motion control brochure:Spring-Engaged Brakes for Rotary and Linear Applications.
The ten-page brochure, complete with application examples, highlights Nexen's extensive product offering, providing an essential resource for engineers designing systems and applications where safety is a concern, as well as power-off and redundant braking systems. An introduction to spring-engaged brakes section details Nexen’s dependable technology for E-stop and holding applications. The spring-engaged air-released brakes are more energy efficient than electric products. Plus, these brakes offer high holding force and zero backlash for accurate positioning and increased stiffness of equipment, resulting in high-quality end products.
Spring-engaged brakes featured in the catalog include:
- Profile guide rail brakes: Offer holding and E-stop capability in power-off situations
- Rod locks: Provide incredible holding force on NFPA and ISO cylinders, and precision rods in a small package
- Servomotor brakes: Mount to the shaft end of servomotors up to 20 horsepower
- Ball screw brakes: Deliver reliable holding in a compact package, overcoming common problems found in vertical ball screw applications such as back driving, load drops and equipment damage
- Flange-mounted brakes: Offer multiple designs, which can be mounted directly on NEMA and IEC flanged motors and/or gearboxes
- Shaft-mounted brakes: Provide self-contained package for easy installation and service
- Caliper brakes: Deliver popular solution for high stopping or holding torque applications
- Flange-mounted clutch brakes: Feature a spring-engaged brake and an air-engaged clutch
- Spring-engaged tooth clutches: Provide the ultimate high-torque holding in a small package when used as a brake