New Compact, Low-Cost Transmitters Measure Gauge and Absolute Pressure
Aside from low cost, the new transmitters offer:
- Span limits and rangeability of 1.2 inch H2O to 8700 PSIG gauge and 2.25 mm Hg to 435
- PSIA absolute with a 20:1 turndown
- High overload protection
- Stability of ±0.10% of URL per year
- Hastelloy® C276 diaphragm with silicone oil fill fluid as standard
- Ambient temperature range of -40ºF to +185ºF
- Rugged 316L SST IP67 housing
The 261 transmitters incorporate ABB’s latest HMI (Human Machine Interface) display technology with the look and feel of a Nokia® menu for local configuration. The units display up to six lines depending on the configuration. Displays include digital and bar graph indications, write protection, and process messages. The transmitters can communicate via ABB’s Mobility Handhelds, STT04, local indicator keys or DCS.
These compact units weigh in at just over 1.5 lbs. They have a height of less than 5 inches and a diameter of 2.36 inches. The standard electrical connection is ½ in. NPT and process connections are available in male and female ½ in.-NPT fittings. All welded process connections provide maintenance-free operation.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 102,000 people.