Non-Setting Thread Sealant
RectorSeal® Corp. introduces RectorSeal Blue+, a non-setting, multi-purpose, lead-free, blue-colored pipe thread sealant approved for use with multiple plumbing and HVAC/R residential, commercial and industrial applications. Blue+ is unrestricted for use with all threaded metal, polyethylene, fiberglass reinforced, PVC, CPVC and ABS pipe. Blue+ features a smooth, easily-brushed texture with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) resin-enrichment and synthetic fibers providing maximum sealing and lubrication performance. Unlike other blue thread sealants, the patented Blue+ formula doesn't separate during storage due to a unique technology that homogenously suspends the compound's particles.
Blue+ was developed by RectorSeal’s in-house laboratory chemists and monitored under strict quality control standards to ensure chemical compatibility with Lubrizol Corp’s FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster® and Corzan® pipe and fittings. Blue+ is manufactured in the USA and formulated for pressures up to 10,000-psi (liquids) and 2,000-psi (gases).
Other Blue+ features are:
- Meets lead-free potable water requirements of the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act in the NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Annex G and also the Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Approved for use on all metal pipe including galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum and stainless steel
- Is a non-toxic, low odor, non-flammable compound perfect for working in small or non-ventilated spaces
- Is non-hardening, requires no curing time and can be pressurized immediately after applying
- Works with both hot and cold potable water systems
- smooth, easily-brushed texture
- doesn't separate during storage