What do you think most engages a prospective client or makes a lasting impression on someone you've just met? The popular belief is that we win business by being clever and quick on our feet, and that our brilliance—saying just the right thing—is what attracts others. But as Power Questions compellingly demonstates, knowing the right question to ask is actually far more important than having a ready answer. This book can immediately help you win more business, deepen your relationships, and connect with people more rapidly than you ever thought possible. It shows you how to use thought-provoking questions to engage prospects and uncover their most pressing issues. It gives you the tools to get inside the heart and mind of anyone you meet.
Powerful examples include:
- the question that stopped an angry executive in his tracks
- the sales question CEOs expect you to ask, versus the questions they want you to ask
- the question that can radically refocus any meeting
- a simple question that helped restore a marriage
- the penetrating question that can transform the life of a friend or colleague