Powerful Phrases for Successful Interviews
Powerful Phrases for Successful Interviews informs job seekers on what exactly to say to gain a competitive edge on winning a coveted position. Applicable to all industries and professions, this indispensable guide delivers the most effective, short, simple, and memorable phrases to make an outstanding impression on interviewers and a decisive difference for any determined candidate.
Readers will learn:
- How to craft an e-mail message that grabs a prospective interviewer's attention, starting with a compelling subject line.
- Phrases to launch a strong initial interview and phrases to close on an unforgettable note, including "What do I need to do to get the job?"
- How to use engaging real-life stories and action words—challenge and contribute, among them—to demonstrate their skills, ability, and experience.
- What to say to an interviewer to show they'll be a "good fit" and asset to the company.
- How to deal with problems in their work history without being evasive, without blaming others, and with a knack for proving they can learn from their mistakes.
- What to ask for in advance to shine in follow-up interviews with the same interviewer and with multiple hiring authorities and decision-makers.
- Why it pays to ask: "How do I stack up with other candidates you have interviewed?" Plus, phrases to wield when discussing money.