Ready to create rich interactive experiences with your artwork, designs, or prototypes? This is the ideal place to start. With this hands-on guide, you'll explore several themes in interactive art and design—including 3D graphics, sound, physical interaction, computer vision, and geolocation—and learn the basic programming and electronics concepts you need to implement them. No previous experience is necessary.
Topics covered include:
- learn cutting edge techniques for interaction design from leading artists and designers
- let users provide input through buttons, dials, and other physical controls
- product graphics and animation, including 3D images with OpenGL
- use sounds to interact with users by providing feedback, input, or an element they can control
- work with motors, servos, and appliances to provide physical feedback
- turn a user's gestures and movements into meaningful input, using OpenCV