Sheet Metal Stamping Dies
Concentrating on simple, practical methods, this book will be an invaluable resource for anyone looking for detailed information about die design and the manufacture of stamping dies, particularly practicing die designers, press engineers, tool and die maintenance technicians, students of die design, and advanced apprentice die makers.
Sheet Metal Stamping Dies features:
- Emphasis on the basic theory of sheet metal plastic deformation as an aid in understanding the manufacturing processes and operations that are necessary for successful die design.
- Essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance of die design.
- Illustrations of complete assembly drawings for each type of die.
- A complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet metal cutting, forming, and deep drawing operations, highlighted with illustrative examples.
- Properties and typical applications of selected tool and die materials for various die components.
- A complete picture of integral CAD/CAM systems for die making, EDM machining, and wire EDM practice.