When employees feel they belong, they'll give you their all. When they don't, well, you'll get only crumbs. Author Christine Comaford explains why belonging is such a powerful human drive and offers tips on what you can do to foster it. Smart Tribes reveals what it takes to move people from the Critter State into the Smart State, where they have full access to their own creativity, innovation, higher consciousness, and emotional engagement. Comaford shares potent yet easy-to-learn neuroscience techniques that will help you navigate rapid growth, maximize performance, resolve internal conflicts, and execute turnarounds with the full support of your people.
Here are several red flags that indicate you may be fostering a culture of exile:
- Certain people get preferential treatment.
- Cliques and inside jokes flourish.
- There are obvious and visible signs of hierarchy.
- Entrenched silos lead to information withholding and turf wars.
- There is no path for personal development or advancement.