DIRAK’s new line of SNAP-LINE fasteners securely joins two metal panels and can be used anywhere standard fasteners are used. Multiple options are available, including a line of SNAP-LINE Captive Fasteners which are ideal replacements for traditional captive screw and nut applications commonly found on 19” racks in the telecommunications/computer industries. DIRAK’s SNAP-LINE Captive Fasteners offer direct advantages over traditional captive screw and nut applications: 1) Installation without tools or hardware. No need to purchase expensive installation equipment. End-user can install DIRAK’s Captive Fasteners themselves without tools or other equipment.
2) Eliminates the concern of mounting hardware becoming loose and falling onto sensitive electronic equipment.
3) Simplified supply chain. The OEM does not need to specify the fastener early in the design phase nor manage a complex global supplier network.
4) End-user flexibility. Final production units can be shipped directly to the end-user who can determine which product solution is best for their specific application. The end-user can select from different actuation methods such as hand or tool operable, the type of tool preferred for actuation, or the fasteners that meet specific industry security standards.
Most of DIRAK’s SNAP-LINE fasteners feature D-SNAP® Technology. This innovative technology ensures a secure, vibration resistant attachment to the panel while eliminating the need for tools and mounting hardware. Fasteners that feature D-SNAP® Technology are installed simply by pushing the fastener through the panel cutout. An optional spring facilitates easy removal. Both captive and non-captive fasteners are available.
- securely joins two metal panels
- installation without tools or hardware