The Damn Good Resume Guide
For hundreds of thousands of job seekers, this guide has been the go-to resource for writing and refining their resumes to damn near perfection. Filled with savvy advice and written in a straightforward, user-friendly style, The Damn Good Resume Guide will help you zero in on that dream job, then craft a winning resume that gets your foot in the door.
This tried-and-true best seller has been fully revised and updated for today's job market, including:
- Contemporary sample resumes (all of which landed interviews!) with job objectives running the career gamut—from line cook to sales manager, school principal to software engineer.
- Tips on creating a functional, chronological, or hybrid resume—and advice on choosing which format is best for you.
- What to include and what to leave out of your resume, so you get the job you really want.
- Smart ways to deal with gaps in your work history and other less-than-ideal resume scenarios.
- Instructions for writing cover e-mails and submitting resumes electronically.
- How to set up (and excel at) an informational interview.
- Advice for formatting, polishing, and proofing your resume so that it stands out in the right way.