L-5SS Liquid Level Switches
Specific Gravity Compensating
- Featuring continuously adjustable float buoyancy control to allow use in fluids with specific gravity down to 0.6
- Continuous buoyancy control allows switch activation at oil/water interface
- Consult factory for other bicomponent fluid interface systems.
302, 316 stainless steel, Viton elastomer seal, and Teflon gasket allow operation in a wide spectrum of environments such as:
- Contaminated ground water
- Machine cutting oils
- Medium concentrated acids and bases, etc.
- Rusty coolant water
- Sea Water
- Waste water
- 15 amp, 120 or 230 VAC, SPDT or DPDT switch action
- Gold Cross Bar Dry Circuit Computer/PLC Interface SPDT Switch Model also available
- May be used in hazardous areas when used with intrinsically safe relays.
- Temperature to 180°F
- Pressure to 300 psig
- Available in single float and double float models
- For use in particle contaminated fluids.
- Horizontal Mounting Only
- High/Low Liquid Level Alarm
- Solenoid Valve On/Off Control
Models L-5SS and LD-5SS
316 stainless steel body, float shaft, screws and washers, 302 stainless float, Viton®, Teflon® gasket, and Noryl® cover.
All media handled by Models L-5 and LD-5. Also chlorinated organics, hydrocarbons, phenols, medium concentrated acids and bases, compatible with 302 stainless, gasolines, oils.
Working Fluid Specific Gravity Range
Adjustable between 0.6 and 1.0+
Nominal Working Temperature / Pressure
180°F max. @ 300 psig
Liquid Level Change to Activate Switch
≈ 1/4″ travel
Weight: 3.5 lbs.
Electrical Switch Characteristics
- UL and CSA listed
- 15 AMP, 1/2 HP @ 125 or 250 VAC
- 1/2 AMP @ 125 VDC, 1/4 AMP @ 250 VDC
- 5 AMP @ 125 VAC (Tungsten lamp load)
- 10,000,000 mechanical operations median
SPDT – Dry Circuit
Gold Cross Bar Contacts for Computer/PLC Interface
0.1 amps or less 5-24 VAC/DC
UL & CSA listed