Degreasing and VOC-Exempt Solvent
Elevance Clean 1200 is a superior-performing degreasing and VOC-exempt solvent outperforms traditional and bio-based solvents for industrial degreasing applications targeted toward heavy manufacturing, transportation maintenance and repair operations (MRO), and industrial food processing. Elevance Clean 1200 is produced from natural oils to create a novel solvent architecture that delivers superior performance. This innovative, bio-based solution achieves sustainability goals while improving cleaning performance in applications such as:
- Tough-to-remove soils common to the heavy manufacturing and transportation MRO sectors — industrial grade complex greases (e.g., lithium, molybdenum disulfide), paraffin waxes, automotive lubricants, metalworking fluids and corrosion-preventive oils.
- Tough-to-clean soils affecting industrial food processing operations — hardened and fluid animal and plant lipids, and cooking greases and oils.
- Outperforming standard degreasing formulations in the market at neutral pH (6-9), eliminating the need for highly caustic cleaning products, demanding and time-consuming personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements, and the need to preserve sensitive metal substrates.
- Surpassing the solvency power of d-limonene, other terpenes and esters including soy methyl esters and dibasic esters, as measured on the Kauri-butanol (Kb) scale.
- Degreasing up to two-to-three times more effectively and more quickly in metal cleaning when compared to Aromatic 150, d-limonene, methyl soyate and other standard solvents.
- Demonstrating excellent performance in non-mechanical immersion testing, outperforming Aromatic 150, d-limonene, methyl soyate and other standard solvents.
Elevance Clean 1200 also meets restrictive environmental requirements, a key benefit as VOC requirements continue to become more stringent globally and a growing number of aromatic solvents appear on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Toxics Release Inventory (TRI). Elevance Clean 1200 meets the following requirements:
- VOC exempt (40 CFR 59.203 - Standards for consumer products)
- TSCA listed and REACh registered
- California AQMD LVP-VOC
- Readily biodegradable (by OECD method)Non-flammable
- produced from natural oils